Sunday, November 23, 2008

More Credit Card Woe

Hello Readers and thanks for coming down to the police station yesterday to bail me out. Much appreciated.

Thinking a little bit more about my recent credit card fiasco and those fools collectively known as the HSBC. They rather considerately elected to post me a nice letter stating that their competent fraud prevention squad detected suspicious activities and blocked my credit card. Then I thought...hang on a minute, is this the same incident that I reported to them only 24 hours earlier? Yes...now I remember because at the time it was extremely inconvenient, embarrassing, frustrating and annoying. Being a curious type of person (but not bi-curious) I did some further research into this incident of fraud. I found that DABS.com have increased the sucurity on their website so high that just logging in is likey to flag you as an active fraudster.

So, if you have a DABS.com account (not recommended) and you enter you credit card details into their database (not recommended) you are at risk of the same thing happening to you. I'm advising you to remove your card details from their website and other similar websites. If your card expires you will not be able to log in to update the details. Instead your attempt to do so will result in your credit card being blocked by your bank or card provider. I think that this type of high security is rather excessive. How do they know that I was not logging in to update or change my credit card details or wanted to add a new card?

Also be aware that DABS.com have been bought by BT and now trade as BT Shop.

Somehow, I can turn the most simple task into a gigantic life threatening disaster. It is little wonder that I am an anxious and nervous wreck, spending my time writing useless posts to a blog that nobody reads. My dream of becoming rich, famous and successful is rapidly starting to fade. I will not be plucked from obscurity and launched into the limelight as the funny man from the internet with the hilarious eyebrows. I won't appear on post watershed scripted quiz shows with other fat middle aged men. There will never be an opportunity for people to be slightly disappointed that Keith Doughnut was not as funny as they thought he was going to be. If only they had seen the mobile phone footage of me trapped in the phone box (shown on BBC local news in the summer).

Keith Doughnut

Knowing things about other things!

No comments: