Monday, May 19, 2008

A Pear of Bottoms

Hello Reader (you smell of minty chews today!)

I am Keith Doughnut - self elected fountain of knowledge and handsome lexicon of the interweb's stratosphere. It is here on this website where you will find everything that you least expected. Today I bring you a photographic image from my very own dinner table.

Earlier today (19th May 2008), I purchased some rather unusual pears from my local supermarket. The product has been specially imported from Africa and I was delighted and rather excited when I discovered them. The African pears are called Forelle and according to the small purple fruit sticker have been given the four digit code of 4418. It also states on the sticker that this particular piece of fruit is best enjoyed firm. On arrival back at my mansion I inspected the fruit more closely in the leisurely surroundings of my kitchen
.

It was during this post purchase inspection that I discovered that one of the fruits when viewed at a particular angle resembled a pair of buttocks. It was difficult to contain this information and it was not long before I had shared this knowledge with my children who laughed loudly and uncontrollably for a sustained period of time. It is for this reason tha
t I have gone to the trouble of uploading a photograph of the bottom-like fruit for your enjoyment.


Looking in your big brown eye!















BTW - We have now eaten this fruit and all agreed that it was rather pleasant. It has a crunchy texture more akin to an apple but the subtle and less tart flavour of a pear. As stated on the sticker and similar to bottoms they are indeed best enjoyed firm. Happy Munching.

Keith Doughnut

No comments: