Monday, October 20, 2008

The Changing Thymes

Hello my hairy readers,

...and thanks for tuning in for the next instalment. Firstly, I'm wearing my tightest fitting trousers and I'm hoping that you are doing the same. (In fact, if the truth be told, mine are slightly too tight).

Secondly, I've not made a huge and embarrassing mistake and misspelt the title of this blog post. I believe that I may be one of the first consumers to notice that Tesco have altered, changed and re-designed the shape, label and overall appearance of their thyme containers. I'm not sure whether these small glass vessels are considered to be jars or not. Perhaps they are classed as some type of bottle. In any case, I've thoroughly investigated the new design and after much consideration have reluctantly concluded that they are grotesquely ugly, monstrously repulsive, atrociously despicable, unattractive, unpicturesque and generally displeasing on the eye. To put it another way, I much preferred the old design to the new one. Bob Dylan was right when he sang “The Thymes They are a Changing” I've even supplied a digital image (from my very own kitchen) so that you are fully able to judge this calamitous action for yourself.

Figure 1. The New Monstrously Ugly Thyme Jar Launched Secretly by Tesco is on the left (It has a Square Cap) the old Jar is on the right and can be formerly identified by its round cap.

Personally, I consider these highly political acts by Tesco to be a downgrade of the thyme and other kitchen herbs (and spices) in this range of products or household commodities. To put this into a more legible format they have changed all their herbs and spices containers into these monstrous square jars.

It seems that I have unearthed another important exclusive news story ahead of the much larger news organisations.

Keith Doughnut

Live from my garden shed...

No comments: