Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Comment

Hello Reader/s and thanks for joining me here in this cramped and claustrophobic environment.

Some of you have big blogs with a large fan base. This means you have many loyal readers and friends. You are popular and have made a great impact since joining the blog community. This makes you feel special, worthwhile and wholesome. Your blogs are so impressive that blogspot gives you a cathedral to shout aloud from to your adoring fans. Fame and fortune beckons.

Then there is Keith Doughnut Speaks, a blog that is seen as a blot on the landscape by many. A dismal and unadulterated shambles thrown together by a man who's main asset is his eyebrows. My blog is the product of lazy afternoons asleep on the floor and the side effects of over the counter medications (such as Lemsip original (with aspartame) and a partially consumed orange flavoured medicated cough lozenge. I am a pair of trousers with holes in the knees and covered in strange blotchy patches where some imbecile spilt the anti-freeze. This is possibly why blogspot has given me a 1m x 1m cupboard that smells very slightly of urine and disinfectant. Here we are, crammed in the small damp and dank cupboard that is my blog...it is dark and detrimental to our health. Yet each day we congregate here and discus the events of the day. No matter of the convoluted (what does that word mean Keith) nature of my subjects.

My main topic of the day is really on the comments received or not received. How do you feel when you write a post and get no comments. Does this mean that a post is irrelevent, stupid, hopeless, devoid of any substance, an absolute load of old horse droppings?

Do you ever write a comment and then decide not to post it at the last minute? I do this a lot, because I would not want to upset anyone by being too rude, unthoughtful etc. How do I know they will take my comment in the way that I intended? So this is why I rarely appear in your comments lists.

Just a few thoughts and genuine expressions from Keith Doughnut, a first on my blog. One day, I might even write a proper post just like a real blogger.

Keith Doughnut

A Spare Part in Life's Machine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aspartame and ant chemists :-).

Keith Doughnut said...

Those ants know the score!

Anonymous said...

baboons conab wording difference slant hurber waste succinctly proactively politics qsdvjh
lolikneri havaqatsu