Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Why are my PHP Messages Always Ignored?

Hello Readers and thanks for coming back, I understand your apprehension after accidentally showering you in spittle last time. Since my gigantic outburst against on-line bicycle retailers I did actually get a response from Winstanley Bikes and they have agreed to cancel my order. The nugget heads at The Bike Outlet didn't bother responding, so I sent them a second message just in case I had entered my email address incorrectly. Once again the message turned a stunning shade of cabbage green to show that my message had been successful. Absolutely nothing...these guys are so stupid.

If only they knew how many bicycles I get through!

I bought my daughter a great bike made by Raleigh. It had a plastic chain guard. Kids (yes even girls) give their bikes one hell of a bashing. The chain guard was always getting damaged and somehow for many months I found ways to reattach the idiotically designed component. In the end, I contacted Raleigh through their recommended method of internet messaging (PHP). I asked them if it was possible to get a replacement chain guard (politely). They just ignored my message. Thanks Raleigh and that's the last bike I will be buying from your “good” selves. In the end, I engineered a new chain guard in my own workshop that works.

So when the choice of getting a new bike came round Raleigh are not considered. The Airlite (road bikes) look like a big load of old horse mud anyway in my opinion. I've got children, so I'm going to be buying bikes continuously for the foreseeable future. That is a lot of business you've thrown away Raleigh, I do hope you make it through the recession!

Another example, Draper tools, sent me a socket set with a socket missing. I contacted them via a PHP internet message and they ignored my request to have one sent out. If those dick-for-brains at draper tools knew how much I spend on tool every year...it is the same story all over again and obviously Draper are on my ever growing list of company's who will not see a penny of my money again. I never forget those who have ignored me... (especially by PHP message box)

I think that perhaps there is a pattern emerging here. These PHP message forms (internet email pages) you know, the one where you fill out your message in a rather small and inadequate box. Why don't they make those boxes bigger? and whilst your making some changes, why not employ someone at the other end to read the messages and send an adequate response?

If only companies knew how this effects their businesses and the overall perception of individual consumers. You can not behave like this these days, not with the Internet's myriad of forums, blogs and social networking sites all waiting for an opportunity to rip you to pieces.

Thanks for reading this absolute dirge of a post but I am a man on a rampage.

Keith Doughnut
Spitting Feathers

No comments: